Flamma® Deep Red PS Bead 0.2μm is fluorescent spherical particles in the colloidal size made up of high-grade polystyrene (PS) doped with our proprietary dyes. Flamma® series can generate stronger signals with small amount of probes in many tracing experiments. Surfaces of PS Bead are equipped with carboxylic acids. These pendent acids allow them suitable for covalent coupling of proteins and other amine-containing biomolecules by using water-soluble coupling reagents. Flamma® Deep Red PS Bead 0.2 μm is suitable for the many nanoparticle based diagnostic tests, including tracking particles and cells, tracing fluid dynamics, discriminating the size dependence of uptake or transport in vivo.
1. Stability of water-soluble carbodiimides in aqueous solution. Gilles, M.A., Hudson, A.Q., Borders, C.L., 1990. Anal. Biochem. 184, 244-248
2. Different EDC/NHS activation mechanisms between PAA and PMAA brushes and the following amidation reactions. Wang, C., Yan, Liu, H.B., Zhou, X.H., Xiao, S.J., 2011. Langmuir 27 (19), 12058-12068.
3. Mechanism of amid formation by carbodiimides for bioconjugation in aqueous media. Nakajima, N., Ikada, Y., 1995. Bioconjug. Chem. 6, 123-130
4. The adsorptive characteristics of proteins for polystyrene and their significance in solid-phase immunoassays. Cantarero, L.A., Butler, J.E., Osborne, J.W., 1980. Anal. Biochem. 105, 375-382
5. The physical and functional behavior of capture antibodies adsorbed on polystyrene. Butler, J.E., Ni, L., Nessler, R., Joshi, K.S., Suter, M., Rosenberg, B., et al., 1992. J. Immunol. Methods 150, 77-90.
6. N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide active esters: Bis(N-hydroxysulfosuccinimide)ester of two dicarboxylic acids are hydrophilic, membrane impermeant, protein cross-linkers. Staros, J.V., 1982. Biochemistry 21, 3950-3955